What is SAP Focused Solutions and why should I use it?
What is Focused Solutions
Focused Solutions are three turnkey, ready to use solutions to help your IT team perform better at a lower cost. SAP Solution Manager has evolved to become the stable platform for Focused Solutions and includes features that are automated, highly-integrated, preconfigured to deliver agile tools with little to no training required.
There is not a requirement to use all three solutions, but it is highly encouraged and recommended by SAP as it is built on industry best practices. Here are the 3 different areas that Focused Solutions covers:
The Focused Build solution for SAP Solution Manager enhances SAP Solution Manager with integrated processes and features to help with your IT team agile developments and projects. Focused Build has out of the box support for your requirements phase to go-live events using SAP industry best practices and a common standardized methodology across your workflows. This enables your team to lower the time to market and realize benefits with the advantages of a standardized and systematic processes throughout your projects. If you’d like a deeper understanding of Focused Build, check out our blog on this topic.
Focused Build Dashboard
The Focused Insights solution for SAP Solution Manager is one of the coolest tools we are are excited about. It provides ready-to-use dashboard templates with approximately 800 predefined KPIs to support quick creation of powerful custom dashboards for your IT organization’s goals. You can build specific dashboards tailored to your needs in minutes and mix real-time or historic metrics from across all SAP Solution Manager use cases. These dashboards are able to provide full visibility of your system operations and SAP landscapes. The true value of Focused Insights is that top-level, strategic, KPI-driven dashboards can be created quickly without programming to support your IT and Business requirements.
Focused Insights Operations Dashboard – Instances View
Focused Insights Operations Dashboard – Scenarios View
The Focused Run solution for SAP Solution Manager utilizes the power of SAP HANA to monitor entire SAP landscapes that was once hard or impossible to do. It is built on a simplified architecture with a small technical footprint (that reduces your ToC) and is optimized for high-volume systems and application monitoring. Focused Run is a powerful solution for service providers who want to host all their customers in a central, scalable, safe, and automated environment. With SAP HANA as a platform, Focused Run can support thousands of systems in high volume monitoring use cases on your private cloud, public cloud or a hybrid of both.
Focused Run Real User Monitoring
Why should I use Focused Solutions? Which solution works for me?
Still unsure about Focused Solutions? Remember that SAP highly recommends Focused Solutions for SAP Solution Manager as it deliver solutions for specific requirements, avoiding custom code and partner solutions. There’s little to no coding cost as Focused Solutions is delivered as a standard solution. With a standard solution delivery, there is significantly less training cost, lower upgrade risk and integration issues are a thing of the past. If you are still considering if Focused Solution is the right mix for you, here are the target groups that Focused Solution addresses:
- Customers with a significant amount of development
- Customers implementing SAP S/4HANA and digital solutions
- Customers with digital transformation
- Customers requesting agile methodologies and tools (with optional JIRA integration or other ALM tools)
- Customers who would like to create custom dashboards to track strategic goals of the CIO
- Customers who would like to create custom dashboards to track service levels and operational health
- Customers implementing ICC/OCC
- Customers who want to create custom dashboards from different capabilities of SAP Solution Manager
- Customers and service-providers with large and complex system landscapes
- Customers and service-providers with advanced needs in terms of scalability, performance, security and automation
- Customers and service-providers who like to cover an advanced use case such as advanced user monitoring and advanced integration monitoring
- Customers who like to split SAP Solution Manager functionality, e.g. build and run
CoreALM is part of the Focused Solutions Circle and we help SAP users with their Focused Solutions Implementation. Typical Circle member activities may include positioning and scoping services, overview presentations, Focused Build coaching, trainings, and initial configuration services. If you require any of these services, feel free to reach out to us today.
Digital transformation is essential in today's business landscape, and SAP S/4HANA has been a game-changer…